Sunday, January 31

Bye-Bye, Bryant

Fashion week is quickly approaching! I just can't wait to go and see several shows this season! I am so sad, however, to hear that this season will be the last ever to be shown at Bryant Park. According to the New York Times, the shows were "interfering with winter ice skating and public use of the main lawn in the late summer." The new location, of course, will be Lincoln Center, typically a venue for ballet, opera, and other performances. Although Lincoln Center will be adding to its list of activities, Bryant Park is getting rid of the one thing it is famous for having. When I want to ice skate I go to Wollman Rink. When I want a "main lawn" I go to the Great Lawn in Central Park. When I want fashion I go to Bryant Park. No more fashion, no more Bryant Park. :(

Nonetheless, I couldn't be more excited to be part of the last season at Bryant Park and can't wait to see how they make Lincoln Center the new home to my favorite weeks of fashion. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh! That is so cool, i wish i could go :( but tell me all about it :)
    -Gracie

    ReplyDelete